What is Google Analytics ??
Google Analytics is a platform under Google Marketing Platform brand. It is a tool that analyses your website/app performance with extreme keenness. The main featuring process of this tool is to track and report the traffics.
Google Analytics was launched in November 2005 since Google acquired Urchin. It is one of the most popular choices of the business crowd. This robust application is trusted by 50 million websites.
Why do you need Google Analytics ??
In order to answer the above question, Google Analytics will be the solution to your website’s questions. However, to make your static website more popular this tool is a necessity. They are the follows:
- The type of blog content your visitors like the most.
- People who visit your website.
- The demographic and virtual staying of your audiences.
- What type of website sends traffic to you?
- The need or urgency of having a smartphone website.
- The tactics required to drive traffic.
- The data about the visitors going on the website and converting them.
- How can the website’s speed improve?
- Knowing and getting an idea of the visitors converted into leads.
- The popular content and pages that are most popular on your website.
An Idea on Free & Paid Version of Google Analytics :-
Google Analytics has both the free and the paid version. The free version of Google Analytics can track the activity in the website, bounce rates, conversion & sales, lead generations, metrics, and data dashboard.
Whereas, the paid version is titled Google Analytics 360. It has features like analytics, tag manager, optimize, data studio, surveys, attribution, and audience center.
If you tend to have a small or medium-sized business then the features provided in the free version is sufficient. However, the Enterprise companies can upgrade their version with the latter. The updated version acts as an account manager for your website. Despite all the amazing features provided by the toot is not cheap. The Google Analytics 360 starts with $150,000 per year. This eventually increases once your site receives one billion hits.
Less Known Facts About the Tool :
- Urchin was the name previously, founded in the year 1995.
- It was developed out of necessity to make the data more accessible.
- Google bought Urchin and later re branded it as Google Analytics in the year 2005.
- Google acquired Measure Map and made the renovation with added great features with improvement.
- It is a completely free platform. There is a premium version even.
- It has been 25 years, the popularity has certainly increased. It is a default tool of web-analytics for many websites.
Final Words – the installation of Google Analytics is quite easy. The power and popularity of your website can be in constant increase with valuable data. It is a free tool that every website should take advantage of. Carve out the unique report of your website and fit it into the goal business you want.