YOGA – The word Yoga is derived from ‘YUJ’ which certainly means to unite and relax your health both mentally and physically. It is a form of discipline that connects the body and mind with aesthetic spirituality. Yoga is somewhat a uniting form that includes art, science, and philosophy that is a part of breath control, simple meditation, and adoption to bodily posture.
ITSY BITSY OF THE DAY
Since 2015, International Yoga Day is annually celebrated on 21st June. The idea of celebrating a day for yoga was originated in India. It was the Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi who suggested United Nations acknowledge this date as Yoga Day globally.
21st June is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere that is shared as a special momentum in many parts of the year.
BENEFITS OF YOGA
With our busy schedule in day-to-day crazy working hours, our body takes a toll. The unhealthy amount of stress and habits our body goes through makes millennial changes affect it. Yoga has different asanas techniques that make our bodies relax.
It helps in reducing headaches, chronic pain, arthritis, and lower back pains. It also helps in reducing blood pressure and insomnia. Our human bodies get help from lifestyle diseases and fitness disorders.
Let us know a few of the benefits of practicing yoga:
- Yoga protects our bodies from injury.
- We gain better flexibility that increases and provides strength in muscles. It also tones our body.
- Yoga helps in maintaining body weight.
- Yoga brings the best metabolism in our body that balances our mental, physical and spiritual self.
- By practicing yoga we perform better sports and athletic performances.
AMAZING FACETS ABOUT YOGA DAY
- The first acknowledging year 2015 of International yoga Day has registered two Guinness World Records.
- Nepal was the first country that supported the proposal of celebrating yoga day.
- International Yoga Day has been implemented in less than 90 days for recognition.
- The day for yoga has probably the highest number of texts sent or received for the cause.
- Yoga has achieved success by session presence done at the highest altitude of 3,640 meters by Mr. Krishnakant Mishra at Hilsa, Nepa.
- 21st June is the Summer Solstice with special significance as the longest day of the year in many countries around the world.
- International Yoga Day has 175 countries as co-sponsors in the resolution for acknowledgment of the year.
- On the occasion of this day 100 cities in the USA host this annual event of yoga.
- CONCLUSION – As every year, this year’s theme is ‘Yoga for Wellness’. Yoga brings calmness and serenity to your body and mind that pushes you to stay healthy. On this International Yoga Day promise yourself to make a new beginning with yoga.